Firelake is excited to announce we are in the process of hiring an HVAC Controls Technician. See below for more information.
HVAC CONTROLS TECHNICIAN
Firelake Construction is a diverse company that provides customer solutions in security, HVAC controls and general contracting. We have offices in various locations around the US. At this time, we are seeking a HVAC Controls Service Technician in the Kansas City area with experience in DDC Controls service, installation and maintenance. This position will perform service call work, start-up and commissioning of newly installed DDC Control Systems as well as maintaining service contracts. Knowledge of Analytical thinking and troubleshooting skills are essential for this position. Please visit www.firelakeco.com for more information about our company.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Read & comprehend mechanical and control prints to effectively install or troubleshoot devices and communication loops.
- Use related software to efficiently download, checkout, troubleshoot, commission and service control systems.
- Able to analytically troubleshoot and repair control systems.
- Work with team members to meet the project schedule.
- Ability to use ladders and lifts to fully assist with technical checkout, retrofit, or new installation of control systems.
- Understand of service ticket procedures to handle a service call from start to finish.
- Communicate with supervisors about daily progress.
- Continually aware of safety and security standards in accomplishing duties as assigned.
- Have self-motivation to continually stay current as well as expand knowledge base on technical and mechanical aspects of the business.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays.
Key Experience/System Knowledge:
- Johnson Controls (JCI) – Metasys and/or FX
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-5 years of experience in HVAC/Controls; or equivalent combination of education: Technical School and experience is required.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer.
- Valid Driver’s License with no major traffic violations, or suspension within the previous 5 years.
- EPA or other HVAC related certification is preferred.
For additional information, please contact Ronnie Rice at 913-626-6828
Firelake Construction, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.